Does this look disgusting? Most people think so. But, I am slightly off balance, so I think it will be fun. What is it you may ask? Well, according to Wikipedia, it is is a "traveling exhibition of preserved human bodies and body parts that are prepared using a technique called plastination to reveal inner anatomical structures." Cool, huh? I will be going to the show in Edmonton in July.The summer looks to be a busy one, once again --- two camping trips planned with Karen, Ian, Kim and the Nicholet crew. I imagine it will be close to Lloyd, so it will require little driving and gas and I've slowly been stocking up on the camping gear I will need, including a brand-new fishing rod I purchased yesterday with the help of Mr. Ian Green. Camping is so very relaxing with this bunch, and I am in dire need of a vacation...no matter how short. I've been at the Booster for more than a year now, and am definitely entitled to some time off.
I may also go to the Big Valley Jamboree again this year, with free tickets courtesy of the Booster. It'll just be a short one-day excursion.
Other than that, I will take some of the other weekends to just relax and take it easy. I need to take the time and space to make myself the number one priority in my life. We all have things in our lives that take our time and
mental energy---sometimes too much of it---thankfully at 30, I no longer play the martry---everyone has the thorn in their flesh, so to speak, even if we can't understand what the next person is dealing with.
And, I've booked some holidays for September. Karen has asked Kim and I if we'd like to go with her while she takes a course (related to her massage therapy). With an open invitation it just felt like it would be a relaxing way to spend some time sightseeing and exploring --- and maybe do a little bit of shopping.
So, with my summer planned out, I am eager to be able to spend some time relaxing....without having to spend too much on gas (because the price of it is outrageous!)
Meanwhile I still have to figure out how to handle a double-edged sword.
1 comment:
What are those things stick out of their backs in that picture?
Post a Comment