Thursday, March 27, 2008

So happy March is almost over....

I just have to say, I am so ready for this terrible month of March to end. It has not been a good month, for a number of reasons.
One-I had my first round of dental work on Feb. 29. (Extractions, fillings, etc.) For the next week I was stoned on T3's as I tried to recuperate.
Thankfully I had one week in between where I was relatively pain free and happy, but on March 15, I had my second round of dental work. Unfortunately, the fun of life didn't end in the dentist chair. Later that afternoon I was in a car accident --- and that was a little more adrenaline and drama than I wanted or expected. Thankfully, the T3's kept me from being in too much pain at that time...which is good, because I don't think I could handle anything else.
Two-after about five days of recuperation after my second round of dental work, I thought I was on the path to a pain-free mouth. I was very sadly mistaken, because that was when I developed dry socket. The pain went from manageable --- to, I want to shoot off the right side of my head. I seriously believed it might hurt less if I walked on a broken foot (That being said, I don't really want to break my foot----but with stupid Murphy's Law, I am almost expecting it.)
Now, after almost two weeks of constant pain and pill popping (and a little bit of crying at work on Monday), I am almost back to normal...or so one would think.
Now that I've come off all the pain medication, I can actually feel how much my body hurts from the accident. All I can say is that I am very happy I have a massage tomorrow and a visit with my chiropractor on Saturday.
Work is....Dana is on holidays this week....we'll just leave it at that....All I can say is that I am so very happy that I work with Heidi. She is fantastic! And she makes great pizza! Mmmm....pizza.
So yeah, I'd like this month to be over and I am so very looking forward to April 1 (and that is no April Fool's joke). April has got to be better than March...or February...or January....all of 2008 so far in fact.
Well, I have just gone on an entire rant when I should really be working on a story for the paper...oh the fun never ends. Have I mentioned that I am needing a vacation? Maybe from life....haha, just kidding.
I do have to say, that I am very thankful the pain of the last couple of weeks (and month) appears to be coming to an end. I think I have the best dentist who listened to me whine these past couple of weeks. Hopefully I will never have to feel that kind of dental pain in my life, ever again. I pray that my hand gets stuck in another conveyor belt instead of dealing with a pain so excruciating...it's just as bad as an absessed tooth, just in a different way.
And...I am so glad that tomorrow is Friday. This week has gone on forever and ever -- kinda like the month -- and it will be nice to sort of relax for a couple of days.
Anyways, I should quickly write up that story so I can go to bed at 10 --- although I will be up at 11 to take some more antibiotics....ahhhh, the joys of life.
Sorry for the cynicism.

1 comment:

Heidi M. Lindskog said...

I must say, I really like the new layout.
Very nice!