Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Tuesday, Dec. 16 ... interesting.

What a day....
Today started off fine. I got up, came to work, transcribed some stories.
And then three people were laid off and 600 within the company - one in my department, and two others (one of whom has been here for 33 years). No one is safe.
I also looked at my credit card because I've been thinking about booking a flight to Abbotsford, but the annual fees came out and now that isn't possible anymore - and it's not like I can actually leave for a week anymore anyways.
But it seems getting help for Dad could be soon...which is good.
It also means I will likely be going to Strathmore for Christmas. I am trying to be positive about Christmas, but a large part of me would rather spend it here by myself.
I'm also thinking of running away - partly to get away from that whole thing and partly because it's really cold here and I would go someplace warm.
Sometimes I just don't have the energy to deal with the crap in life anymore and I just want to scream.
That's all. I'm going to head home soon and make some chocolate chip cookies for the Christmas potluck for work tomorrow. I love my cookies, but likely won't have any. I ate part of a cinnamon bun and some hot chocolate yesterday and didn't even enjoy it. Yeah for the cleanse. I feel much healthier and my stomach is happier than it's been in months. Although my stomach doesn't like stress either, so its still not completely happy.
OK. Bye.

No comments: