Saturday, April 26, 2008

THESE ARE THE DAYS

This definitely was a day I will remember for the rest of my life. It is days like these that help me look beyond the difficulties of life and just cherish all that is good. The day started off simply - with a visit to my chiropractor and also included a trip to Starbucks and most importantly - PHANTOM OF THE OPERA!! ---- which was absolutely frickin' fantastic!!! --- The day spent with great friends was one of making great memories. There was laughter and there was tears (but only because we were laughing so much). I may not get to see these friends as often as I would like, but we definitely always have a great time when we are together.
Anyways, it's been an incredibly long day and I am incredibly tired, so I am going to head to bed. I just wanted to leave you with the chorus from a Jodee Messina song called These are the Days.


These are the days you will remember for the rest of your life
These are the memories you’ll pack in a box and pull ‘em out sometimes
So pick your flowers, count the seconds, roll the dice
But baby, don’t wait ‘till its too late
Put a smile on your face
These are the days

Remember, life's a journey and is meant to be a roller coaster ride. It may not always be easy or it may sometimes be fantastic. Either way -- try to put a smile on your face. As a close friend once said --- life is what you make it. You can either focus on the bad things and let it get you down, or you can get up off the couch and enjoy everything life has to offer.
So --- I am going to try to really focus on the positives in my life. I've got a good job, great friends, good health ..... and even the difficult things life will soon bring will hopefully be a good thing in the end.
OK...goodnight.

2 comments:

Heidi M. Lindskog said...

I am glad to hear that you had a fantastic time at the phantom! I figured you would! But either way, glad it was a good weekend for you!

Jackie said...

Laughter. Tears. More laughter. Gotta love Life!! Thanks for being part of a great weekend!! Some great memories !!