Monday, April 6, 2009
What's the saying?
I wiped out this morning on the way to my car - found the only patch of ice and bit the dust ... err, well almost bit the dust. I somehow managed to stay in the upright position (albeit closer to the ground than I would have preferred and with my legs bent in awkwardly funny positions), and even better than that, I kept my tea travel mug in my hand and didn't drop and break it like I was expecting. Breaking it would have been sadly unfortunate seeing as I just replaced one. And they say pride comes before a fall, but I wasn't prideful, I was simply walking to my car to go to work. Maybe I got prideful after that though - thinking I'd fallen without getting hurt. And that was easy to believe until I came home for lunch and decided to walk up four flights of stairs (I am trying to make healthy decisions, and while I may not work out yet, I can walk up the stairs). Unfortunately, that wasn't such a smart idea. It was only then that I realized how much my leg and back muscles hurt. All in all, it was a pretty funny situation, and I am sure would have been even funnier to watch. But thankfully no one saw me ... I think.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
All I have to say is at least it was dust and not mud! Because that would have sucked!
Post a Comment